If you have been planning to go to Spain this holiday, there is now a cheap and enjoyable means of traveling. Forget the hassles involved with train and plane travel, and take a ferry. It is hassle free and the cheapest transport option. You even have the added benefit o traveling with your car, at no additional cost.
Ferries to Spain are the cheapest and most enjoyable way of going on holiday or business. They hold a comfortingly familiar appeal for veteran seafarers and offer a thrilling sea experience for the first-timers. They also provide ferry crossing services during the height of the season and the off-season.
The types of ferries to Spain and their routes
Ferries to Spain take two routes. There are the cross channel ferries that go up to France and you have to complete the rest of the journey to Spain on road. Using ferries as a means of travelling enables you to travel with your car, so you simply drive your car off the ferry when it docks in France and complete your journey.
There is also the direct route to Spain. This is a longer sea route but it eliminates the hassle of long distance driving and also saves on your petrol. However, you will have to contend with a slightly higher ferry travel cost than when taking the cross channel ferry to France.
The ferries have been designed to meet the specifications of each route. The cross channel route uses the car ferries. This trip is short and since not much time is spent in the ferry, it has only the basic amenities. Restaurants are usually present, and a bit of simple entertainment.
The longer, direct route to Spain has the sea ferries. They accommodate more facilities the time spent journeying is longer. There are lounges and a myriad of entertainment. You can also reserve your own cabin to enjoy the journey in maximum comfort and tranquility.
What makes ferries to Spain the best travel option?
- They are the cheapest option. The cost of the ferries to Spain crossing depends on the class you choose to travel in and the route you take. Regardless, they are still cheaper than airplanes and trains in a lot of situations. You will not travel cheaply and in first class anywhere else but on a ferry.
- There is no luggage restriction. You can carry as much luggage as you want without having to worry about a weight limit. This is unlike in air travel whereby there is a baggage limit that each person is allowed. The ferries to Spain only require for you to be responsible for the safety of your luggage.
- There is negligent risk of luggage loss. The ferry services allow you to take care of your luggage, ensuring that you know where everything is at all times. With the air travel, you can easily become one of those hapless travelers whose luggage gets misplaced, left behind or stolen.
- Vehicles are allowed on the ferries. This means that you do not have to leave your car behind in the garage, and then struggle to hire a car that will serve you while in Spain. You board the ferry with your car, put your luggage inside the car and lock it for security purposes and when you arrive at your destination, you simply enjoy the drive in your own car.
- There is sightseeing. The channel from England though France to Spain is dotted with beautiful coastlines that are quite a delightful meal for the eyes. Travelling by the ferries to Spain exposes you to sights of the world that you would not have otherwise experienced when travelling on land or in air.
- The ferries are a convenience. Water travel time is always shorter than land travel time. There is also the absence of the plagues of road transport, which include road accidents, traffic snare-ups and angry drivers.
- Sea travel to Spain also affords you luxuries that you will find nowhere else. There are restaurants, cinemas, cyber cafes and entertainment rooms on board. You are also not confined to your chair during departure, the journey or arrival. You can stretch your legs by walking around, sightsee and even take photographs. During night travel, there are cabins for you to comfortably sleep in.
- Ferries to Spain are environmental friendly. There is reduced pollution as all the vehicles on board are turned off and the only waste emitted is of the boat. This would not be the case if the owners of these vehicles opted to drive and the amount of pollution on their collective fumes on the highway was calculated. This reduced pollution is also a health benefit for you as you are not exposed to the dangerous elements of motor vehicle pollution.
How do you book cheap ferries to Spain?
Having a love for the sea automatically means that your means of travel to Spain from, say, England is by ferry. This is because the ferries to Spain are not just a way of getting to your destination, but an enjoyable way. When you finally make the decision to use the ferry instead of the train or airplane, you need to book the best ferry crossing immediately.
You will find the different types of ferries to Spain offering different classes of services. Your choice will determine the amount you will pay for your tickets. You can go for the first class, business class or economy class tickets. Regardless of the class you choose to travel in, you are certain to find a cheap ferry crossing.
This amount will also be determined by the route you take. When you choose to travel directly to Spain, you will part with a little more cash than travelling to France. However, remember that this direct route is the most cost-effective because you will not spend more in fueling your car or hiring one.
Offers for cheap tickets
You think ferries to Spain cannot get any cheaper? Think again. Offers of cheap tickets are available all over for you to take. You will easily be able to obtain these tickets when travelling during the off-season. You will also get a cheap ferry crossing for you and your car when you collect several tokens.
Book now for your ferry crossing, online booking is conveniently easy and fast and the earlier you book the ferry crossing, the cheaper it gets.